Sunday, August 1, 2010

A delicious treat for a lazy Sunday

Patrick is out of town this weekend, so that means I have a lot of free time on my hands....a perfect opportunity to try out a few new recipe concoctions that have been banging around in my head lately.  Here's a really tasty little treat that I came up with for today's lunch!


Pineapple, Bacon and BBQ Pizza:
  1. 1/2 store bought pizza dough (not the pre-cooked  round kind, but the actual dough)
  2. 6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
  3. About 30 cilantro leaves torn from stems
  4. 1/2 can of chopped pineapple drained (if you're using fresh, just dice up a bit and use as much or as little as you like)
  5. 3 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used Stubb's Mesquite Smoked BBQ sauce)
Directions:
  1. Set your oven to 400 degrees
  2. Sprinkle a little flour down on a cutting board and begin rolling out your dough into your pizza shape - here you can use your fingers or a rolling pin
  3. Add your bacon to a hot pan and begin frying. Once the bacon is brown, set it on a paper towel to drain. After it is cooled, crumble the bacon.
  4. Top the uncooked dough with 3 tablespoons of BBQ sauce, pineapple, crumbled bacon bits and cilantro leaves. 
  5. Cook for 15-20 mins - until the crust is golden browned and the BBQ sauce is bubbling
  6. Serve hot and enjoy!!!
I am eating this as I type and it's so tasty and tangy!

xoxo

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment