Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hot Sticky Day, Light Cool Dinner

On days where the thermometer seems to never stop climbing, all I want to do is eat something cool and refreshing! This is one of my summer time favorites and I thought I'd share!

Jamie's Super Delicious, Incredibly Creamy Chicken Salad

Ingredients:
  1. 2 breasts shredded Rotisserie Chicken (ok, if you're feeling ambitious, you can boil 3 or 4 chicken breasts with a little bit of oil for about 20 mins instead)
  2.  2 Celery stalks diced
  3. 1/4 purple onion diced
  4. 1 cup chopped pecans
  5. 1 tsp. garlic salt
  6. 2 handfuls of grapes washed and halved
  7. 3/4 Cup of mayo (you can lose light mayo here if you want! See how creamy this is. If you want a little more mayo, feel free to add it in!!)
  8. Pepper to taste
Mix all together and chill for about 30 mins! This is great to serve on lettuce with some east Texas tomatoes!

Enjoy!!

xoxo

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment